Wednesday, August 26, 2009

a prediction

I just removed the post I wrote a few days ago. I think I'm too involved in this project to be able to offer an objective opinion.

instead, I'll offer a prediction:

due in large part to the publication of the anthology, & in just as large a part due to this blog, other abstract comics anthologies will emerge within the next 2 years.

I can imagine sub-genres developing, much as heavy metal in the '80s spawned speed metal, thrash metal, death metal, black metal, & crossbred to produce grindcore & so on.

maybe we'll see:
all-female abstract comics
black & white abcomix
digital ab comics (no physical originals)
chaos/completely crazy style
non-Anglo & non-Franco abs

& so on...

personally, I go for the more chaotic black & white ones.

if my prediction hasn't come true by 1 September 2011, you can laugh derisively at me & tell me I was wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that anonymous comments will be rejected.